Oh hey — I’m Michael Rose, just another boring, tattooed, time traveling designer from Buffalo, New York.
I’m into drawing portraits of strangers on an iPad Pro, eating popcorn and chicken wings, watching dust collect on my vinyl record collection, and playing single-player console exclusives1.
And if that wasn’t enough to keep me busy — I’m also the father of twin girls and married to a subscription box addicted vegan.
About the site
So what does this all have to do with made mistakes and why did I name the website this?
It vaguely has something to do with that whole happy accident thing, where a mistake can turn out to be something great and unplanned. But to be honest I was just looking for a short, memorable sounding domain name.
I’ve since decided to abandon using a CMS in favor of black magick and Jekyll to generate flat files for improved performance and security. Building layouts, stylesheets, feeds, and assets from scratch was challenging at first, but the knowledge gained made it all worth it.
How to support Made Mistakes
I write tutorials and maintain a few open source projects for fun. If you’ve found any of them useful, here’s how you can show thanks:
- Follow me on Twitter or subscribe to one of my RSS feeds.
- Buy anything at Amazon using this link and I’ll earn a small commission.
- Send a donation via PayPal or Square Cash.
- 22 Gorgeous Pieces Of Art You Won’t Believe Were Drawn On An iPad — Business Insider
- This Summer We Learned About PaperFaces — FiftyThree