365 days of drawing faces
Today my 365 project titled PaperFaces turns one — holy smokes! In this past year I’ve managed to illustrate 476 portraits, make a ton of new Paper friends, burned through a few pen styli, and rekindled my passion for drawing.
I honestly can’t believe I’ve been drawing strangers for 365 days straight. I was half joking when I posted this and had no idea it would take off in the way that it did.
- Thank you to everyone who volunteered their face for the project.
- Thank you to the 91 of you who commissioned portraits.
- Thank you to everyone who has followed me on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Thank you for all the kind @replies, emails, comments, favorites, likes, and encouragement.
- Thank you FiftyThree for developing the app that made all this possible, fostering a community of creators who inspire me daily, and for supporting my project by featuring it in posts and tweets.
Here’s to another fun year of blank faces. And to the thousands of you still waiting for portraits… I’m working on them, really I am.