After having so much fun creating and releasing my first open source Jekyll theme, I figured I’d go at it again. So here be the fruit of that effort — I call it So Simple Theme, a responsive Jekyll theme for words and photos.
- Responsive layouts. Looks good on mobile, tablets, and desktop devices.
- Full compatibility with GitHub Pages.
- Minimal embellishments and subtle animations.
- Support for large images to call out your favorite posts.
- Optional Disqus comments.
- Tags for Open Graph and Twitter Cards for a better social sharing experience.
- Search script.
- Support for Pygments and Coderay syntax highlighting to make your code examples look snazzy.
- Grunt tasks for easier site development.
- Install Jekyll if you haven’t already.
- Fork the So Simple Theme repo
- Make it your own and customize, customize, customize.
Having a problem getting something to work or want to know why I setup something in a certain way? Ping me on Twitter @mmistakes or file a GitHub issue. And if you make something cool with this theme feel free to let me know.
This theme is free and open source software, distributed under the MIT License. So feel free to modify it however you’d like without linking back to me or including a disclaimer.